We’ll look back at the news of the week with a panel of journalists, editors, and news watchers. We’ll look at some of the stories that we didn’t cover, and push forward some of the stories we already dug into.
This week we’re looking at:
- Rep. Todd Akin’s inflammatory rape comment
- The campaigns for and against fluoride in Portland water
- Portland mayoral candidate Jefferson Smith’s lengthy driving record
What was the major news of the week for you?
- Jack Ohman: Syndicated editorial cartoonist based at The Oregonian
- Sarah Mirk: Reporter at the Portland Mercury
- Jim Pasero: Principal for public affairs company Third Century Solutions