- The Portland Police Bureau (PPB) should maintain its partnership with Project Respond and make the Mobile Crisis Unit a permanent team, ideally with expanded personnel, hours, and scope.
- PPB should reexamine its current policy on Taser use in light of current research indicating the elevated dangers of prolonged Taser use.
- PPB should consider ways in which it can integrate its Critical Incident Management training curriculum into training opportunities for patrol officers.
What do you think of these recommendations? How do you think police activities should change, if at all?
- Mike Reese: Police Chief of the Portland Police Bureau
- Mary-Beth Baptista: Director of the Portland City Auditor’s Independent Police Review Division