Meanwhile, Governor Kitzhaber is negotiating with Oregon’s public employee unions. Despite proposed cuts in wages and benefits, the dialogue between state government and unions in Oregon is expected to be much less heated than the battle currently being waged in Wisconsin.
Are you in a union? Have you ever been part of an organizing effort? Do your employees belong to a union? What benefits and drawbacks do you see to union membership?
- Rebecca Levison: President of the Portland Association of Teachers
- Kate Swindell: Parent of an 8th grader at West Sylvan Middle School and a 5th grader at Ainsworth Elementary School
- Bob Bussel: Director of the University of Oregon Labor Education and Research Center
- Chris Lehman: Reporter for OPB News
- Job Pozos: Regional director of United Farm Workers
- Tim Bernasek: Attorney and partner at Dunn Carney and legal council for the Oregon Farm Bureau