Meanwhile, ballot measures and local issues across the state require voters’ attention too. One ballot measure that received some debate during the primaries is a proposal to change Oregon’s biennial legislative sessions to annual. Oregon is one of five states where the legislature does not meet annually. In 1990, Oregon voters rejected a similar annual sessions proposal.
What state races are grabbing your attention? What do you want to know about how Oregon’s legislature would function if there was a different party structure? Which way will you vote on going annual?
- David Steves: Reporter, The Register Guard
- Nick Budnick: Reporter, The Bend Bulletin
- Bob Hunter: Editor, The Mail Tribune
- Ted Ferrioli: Senate Republican Leader
- Diane Rosenbaum: Assistant Majority Leader of the Senate