Many of these projects create jobs, at least temporarily, though some construction companies are grumbling that there isn’t enough work to go around since a lot of the stimulus money is going to fill the state budget hole. And some have raised concerns that the staff and capital improvements funded won’t be sustainable in a couple of years when the federal money dries up.
Did you get (or keep) a job funded by stimulus money? Has your company hired people to do stimulus-related projects? What will happen to those jobs when the federal money runs out? How has your life been impacted by the stimulus package?
- Mike Crennen: President of Knife River southern Oregon division
- Craig Willis: Artistic director for Lord Leebrick Theatre Company
- Madeleine Mader: Staff assistant to Multnomah County Chair Ted Wheeler
- Craig Hostetler: Executive director of Oregon Primary Care Association
- Mark McMullen: Director of government consulting for Moody’s Economy.com