Climate change is also in the news right now because of the United Nations summit going on in Cancun. One of the NGOs at the summit called for businesses and entrepreneurs to take the lead on sustainability and adapting to climate change. But some are skeptical that corporations will be motivated to do anything more than “greenwashing” (merely keeping up an appearance of being environmentally friendly).
How are you preparing for changes to Oregon’s climate? Do you own a business that could be affected by environmental variations? How much are you focused on mitigating the effects of climate change and how much are you focused on adapting to the weather patterns scientists predict?
- Susan Capalbo: Department head and professor in the Agricultural and Resource Economics department at Oregon State University and co-author of the economics chapter of the Oregon Climate Assessment Report
- Richard Whitman: Director of the Oregon Department of Land Conservation and Development
- Bob Doppelt: Director of the Resource Innovation Group and the Climate Leadership Initiative and adjunct professor in the Planning, Public Policy and Management department at the University of Oregon
- Hans Radtke: Natural resource economist
- Justin Fishkin: Senior portfolio manager at the Carbon War Room