This isn’t the choice we should have to make, but it is the choice we do have to make, and governing is always about choices.
But not all Democrats in Congress share Kerry’s opinion. Oregon Congressman Peter DeFazio last week announced that he opposes the deal. DeFazio stated:
Compromise requires give and take, but once, again, the middle class gave and the millionaires took.
How do you think President Obama differs from Candidate Obama? Has the president fulfilled your expectations? When it comes to your elected officials, where do you draw the line between compromising and caving?
- Peter DeFazio: Democratic U.S. Congressman representing Oregon’s 4th district
- Trent Lutz: Executive director of the Democratic Party of Oregon
- Greg Leo: Communications director of the Oregon Republican Party
- Kurt Schrader: Democratic U.S.Congressman for Oregon’s 5th District
- Jim Moore: Political analyst and professor at Pacific University