Collaborate with executive editor, host and production team to produce for the daily news/discussion program, “Think Out Loud®”, and for OPB Radio and opb.org. Generate show ideas that bring diverse perspectives to our audience. Produce three to five radio segments per week (pitch ideas, prepare research, book and pre-interview guests, write corresponding digital and social media posts, outline show flow and direct the live program). Create news stories for broadcast and digital out of show content. Assist with preparation and production of live programming in studio and on location.
Most work is done in office, studio or other indoor location. The work may require travel to remote locations, working evening, weekends and/or starting the work day early, and possibly working in inclement weather. Moving equipment up to 20 pounds is sometimes required. Extended periods of sitting or standing may be necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- One year of experience in journalism, broadcast or online production.
- Experience writing and communicating online (website, Facebook, Twitter, etc.) in a professional capacity.
- Deep curiosity in the work you do.
- Enthusiasm for producing long-form interviews.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively with all team members.
- Ability to work independently, meet deadlines and take direction.
- Commitment to read widely and interact with community in order to research subject matter for the program and bring diverse voices and stories to the air.
- Knowledge of public media environment, and online news and community developments.
- Demonstrated ability to uphold high ethical standards for journalism.
- Enthusiasm for the mission of OPB.
- Experience taking and editing photos and videos.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism.
- Passion for news and knowledge of current events from following the news daily.
- Enthusiasm for the changing news production environment and the tools and software used to facilitate our work.
- Experience editing on Adobe Audition, Dalet, ProTools or similar broadcast digital audio software.
The probable salary range for this position is between $55,000 and 65,000 annually, depending on qualifications.
Click HERE to apply.
All application materials are due by November 13, 2020 at 5 PM Pacific Time.