Oregon Field Guide spent a year-and-a-half probing into the state of Oregon's preparedness, and found that when it comes to bridges, schools, hospitals, building codes and energy infrastructure, Oregon lags far behind many quake-prone regions of the country.
RELATED: Join Oregon's #14Gallons Challenge
Challenges To Your Home And Community
This is what your home and community could look like after a magnitude 9.0 earthquake.
This is what could happen to critical infrastructure — schools, hospitals, fire stations, etc. — across the state.
This is what you should have as a disaster emergency kit in your home.
Disaster experts recommend having evacuation kits ready as well.
- How to prepare your home for a massive earthquake.
- How to safely turn off utilities after a disaster.
- How to turn off your gas line?
- Common items to have in your emergency kit.
Action plans for your family and community
- Do you or loved one have a disability? Here are some things to keep in mind.
- An Oregon Earthquake expert answers frequently asked questions.
- Get to know your neighbors.
- Have a plan to meet your loved ones.
Something we missed? Have a different question about preparedness? Shoot us an email!