OPB has adjusted its television schedules to support K-12 students with grade-level and subject-based programs during the coronavirus outbreak. This will provide thousands of children access to educational lessons while Oregon schools are closed.
Starting March 30, OPB’s primary broadcast television channel will focus on educational content from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday through Friday. Programs will serve all ages throughout the day, starting with preschool programming in the morning and ending with high school programming in the afternoon.
Find the full schedule of programs at opb.org/schedules.
OPB’s 24-hour Kids Channel will continue with its current schedule to serve our youngest viewers. Part of public media’s mission is to ensure all children—regardless of their access to resources—have continued, free educational materials at home.
OPB TV channels are available through cable, satellite and free over-the-air using a digital antenna. More at opb.org/tv.
OPB is member supported and free to the community.
Educational Programming schedule by topic and age range:
- 6:00 a.m.: Natural Science (Grades K-3)
- 6:30 a.m.: History (Grades K-3)
- 7:00 a.m.: Math (Grades K-3)
- 8:00 a.m.: Science (Grades K-3)
- 8:30 a.m.: Financial Literacy (Grades K-3)
- 9:00 a.m.: Science (Grades 4-8)
- 10:00 a.m.: History (Grades 4-8)
- 11:00 a.m.: Local: Natural Science, Arts and Culture
- 11:30 a.m.: Local History
- Noon: Social Studies and Science (Grades 4-8)
- 1:00 p.m.: Science (Grades 4-8)
- 2:00 p.m.: Literature and Liberal Arts (Grades 4-12)
- 3:00 p.m.: World History (Grades 9-12)
- 4:00 p.m.: U.S. History (Grades 9-12)