Portland Mayor Ted Wheeler has placed several city bureaus under new leadership.
In Portland’s unusual commission form of government, the members of the city council manage the city’s bureaus. And the mayor gets to hand out the assignments for each bureau.
Wheeler has given himself the city’s Housing Bureau, along with the Portland Police Bureau and the Portland Development Commission. Commissioner Dan Saltzman will now oversee the Bureau of Transportation, along with several other assignments.
First-time Commissioner Chloe Eudaly will oversee the Bureau of Development Services and the Office of Neighborhood Involvement.
Amanda Fritz will continue to serve as Commissioner in charge of Parks. And Commissioner Nick Fish keeps his responsibility over the city’s Water Bureau and Bureau of Environmental Services.
A full list of the mayor's bureau assignments follows:
Mayor Ted Wheeler:
• Portland Police Bureau
• Portland Housing Bureau
• Bureau of Planning and Sustainability
• Office of Equity and Human Rights
• Portland Bureau of Emergency Management
• City Budget Office
• City Attorney
• Government Relations
• Office of Management & Finance
• Portland Development Commission
• Travel Portland
• Regional Emergency Management Group (REMG)
• Home Forward
• A Home For Everyone (with Eudaly)
• Local Public Safety Coordinating Council
• Mt. Hood Cable Regulatory Commission
• Portland Community Media
Commissioner Chloe Eudaly:
• Office of Neighborhood Involvement
• Bureau of Development Services
• A Home For Everyone (with Mayor Wheeler)
Commissioner Nick Fish:
• Bureau of Environmental Services
• Portland Water Bureau
• Regional Arts & Culture Council
• Rose Festival Foundation
• Portland Utility Review Board
Commissioner Amanda Fritz:
• Portland Parks & Recreation
• Bureau of Emergency Communications
• League of Cities (with Mayor Wheeler)
• Metro Policy Advisory Committee (MPAC)
• Portland Parks Foundation
• Urban Forestry Commission
Commissioner Dan Saltzman:
• Portland Fire & Rescue
• Portland Bureau of Transportation
• Fire & Police Disability & Retirement
• Portland Children's Levy
• Multnomah Youth Commission
• Portland Streetcar, Inc.
• Portland Mall Management, Inc.
• Portland Aerial Tram Board
• Joint Policy Advisory Committee on Transportation (JPACT)